The Radiant Institute of Health Sciences believes:
- All people should be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Caring relationships are the core of nursing practice.
- The profession of nursing contributes to the health and well-being of individuals, families, organizations and communities.
- High-quality education, which includes both face-to-face and transforms lives.
- Students should be prepared to actively participate in a global community.
- Nursing practice and education should occur in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Our tradition of service learning, community engagement and leadership provides a model for transforming the health of the region, nation and the world.
- Knowledge development and dissemination are our responsibility and commitment.
The goals of the Radiant Institute of Health Sciences are the following.
- To prepare qualified men and women for leadership roles in basic and advanced professional nursing practice in a rapidly changing, multicultural, multiethnic, global environment.
- To promote, expand and validate the scientific base of nursing knowledge and practice through the discovery, organization and transmission of research-based knowledge, skills and values.
- To collaborate with local, national and international health care agencies in promoting excellence through cost-effective, accessible, equitable and humanistic health care delivery systems for divergent individuals, families and communities.
- To ensure teaching excellence to prepare nurses and leaders, locally and globally, provide evidence-based patient-centered care.
- To create an environment supporting the College mission, vision, and achieving the goals.